Young talent arrives at Edmonton Fusion FC
The Edmonton Fusion FC has the great pleasure of welcoming Joël Gnabouyou from France. Joël, 16 years old has played for many clubs. The defensive midfielder, who can also play in central or right-back defense, is strengthening the men’s team which will inaugurate its first season in EDSA.
Joël will be a valuable asset for the club. He trained at the Toulouse Football Club Academy, professional soccer club in French Ligue 1 (the club played the Champion’s League in 2007). The young player also continued his training in other French clubs such as Colomiers or Blagnac.
At only 16 years old, Joël already has an impressive resume :
• Winner of the U15 Elite Championship in 2014-2015;
• Winner in the U15 Elite Championship in 2013-2014;
• Cup of the Midi-Pyrenees with the generation1999;
• Selected to Youth France National Team;
• Selected for an internship at the Centre National du Football in Clairefontaine, one of the best soccer academy in the world;
• Winner of the U13 regional final in 2011-2012;
• Finalist of the U11 Euro Tournament with the 2000′ generation in 2009-2010;
Welcome to Edmonton Fusion FC Joël !
With its integration component, Edmonton Fusion FC offers a way for immigrant players to integrate into Canadian life and allowing them to play at a recreational or competitive level and to develop their skills.