Update – November 25
Following the November 24th announcements by the provincial government, the suspension of the Academy’s sessions is maintained until December 18th. Edmonton Fusion FC remains alert to further statements from Alberta Health Services (AHS) in the coming weeks regarding whether or not the last session on December 19 will be held.
Meetup indoor soccer sessions and practices for the men’s team are canceled for 2020. These two programs will resume in 2021.
For more information on the AHS statements, follow this link: https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx.
Update – November 12
All Edmonton Fusion Programs suspended
Following the November 12 statements made by the Alberta government, all indoor sports activities are suspended for a period of two weeks (November 13 to November 27).
For more information:
Contact us if you have any questions.
Covid-19 Symptoms Checklist Form
The parent/guardian must complete this online form before each Soccer en Francais session.
Update – October 30
Limit the child’s cohorts to no more than 3: core household, school, and one other sport or social cohort.
Update – October 10
One parent/guardian is allowed per participant. It is preferable that no additional spectators, including children, be brought into the facility.
If children must come by necessity, including participants from another group, they must stay with their parent/guardian.
If an additional parent/guardian is needed, please contact the coordinator.
Edmonton Fusion FC will follow all Alberta Soccer and Alberta Health Services recommendations and so training sessions may change.
- We will form cohorts with a maximum of 14 players in each group to keep us below the 50 people maximum cohort set by Alberta Health.
- Players must arrive in their soccer kits, ready to start the sessions.
- Players should arrive no more than 1o minutes prior to kickoff and leave right after the session to avoid unnecessary contact in the halls and other areas of the sports complex.
- All persons entering the building will need to wear a mask regardless of whether they are players, parents, volunteers, or coaches.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- The sessions may be cancelled or modified as required by updated recommendations.
To ensure that participants in the categories avoid coming into contact with each other, entry and exit will be through two separate doors. A 15-minute period between group sessions has been planned to allow people from the previous group to leave the facility before the next group of participants enter.
For Parents and Guardians
Use this checklist to help safely prepare for your son/daughter’s soccer sessions.
Before you Leave Home
- DO NOT attend if you are feeling unwell or showing signs of COVID-19 Symptoms (Fever, Cough, Shortness of Breath, Sore Throat or Runny Nose).
- Fil up the online checklist Symptom Form.
- Check for club updates regularly.
- Eat before you come as food is discouraged on the premises.
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- Thoroughly wash water bottles with soap and warm water.
- Use the washroom.
- Register your attendance for contact tracing.
Arrival at Field/Facility
- Drop player off at field entrance.
- Respect physical distancing guidelines if possible.
- Consider bringing personal hand sanitizer.
- No dressing room available for use.
During Activity at Field/Facility
- Stay in the designated spectator area.
- Children will be asked to remove their masks just before the sessions begin. Masks are not permitted by any player while playing soccer. They must put the mask back on when they leave the field.
- Maintain physical distancing of 2 meters from others if possible.
- Practice respiratory etiquette (sneeze/cough into the arm, no spitting, no clearing nasal passages.)
- Refrain from touching face, eyes, nose, mouth with hands. Wash/sanitize hands regularly.
- Refrain from yelling or cheering to prevent the spread of droplets.
After Activity is Complete
- NO LOITERING.
- Respect physical distancing guidelines.
- Pick player up at field exit.
- Leave facility parking lot.